We usually get this question about the Basic Star Pattern, and I I wanted to make sure I addressed.. in case this was something you were wondering about, too.
The Basic Star Pattern calls for 2 fabrics.. but you said to use 3 fabrics in the Challenge. What am I supposed to do?
So, yes, the original Basic Star pattern (and the free workshop) calls for 2 fabrics, but you can actually use ANY number of different fabrics in this pattern... and for the Challenge, we are using 3.
In my Challenge ornament, my fabrics are:
- Fabric 1: White Glitter
- Fabric 2: Light Pink with tiny white floral
- Fabric 3: Blush Pink tonal
And, here is how I arranged them:
- Layer 1: Fabric 1 (like the original pattern)
- Layer 2: Fabric 2 (like the original pattern)
- Layer 3: Fabric 1 again (like the original pattern)
- Layer 4: Fabric 3 (replacing color 2 here)
- Band: Fabric 3
So, if you want to arrange your fabrics in the same way, the pieces you will need to cut for each color are:
- Fabric 1: 24 - 2x3" rectangles
- Fabric 2: 16 - 2x3" rectangles
- Fabric 3: 16 - 2x3" rectangles + 2-1/2" x 10-1/2" band piece
Another way to arrange the 3 fabrics....
In my second ornament, I did only 3 layers. So, I arranged them like this:
- Layer 1: Fabric 3 (Blush Pink tonal - 8 pcs)
- Layer 2: Fabric 1 (White Glitter - 16 pcs)
- Layer 3 + Band: Fabric 2 (Light Pink with tiny white floral 16 pcs plus band)
Remember.. the possibilities for these are endless, and that's what's making it so fun to see everyone's different ornaments for this Challenge. You can not only re-arrange the order of your fabrics, you can even add/take away layers! Please have fun creating your own unique ornament design!
(If you don't yet know this pattern, you can register for the free videos, right HERE.)
Your challenge is.... to make your own Basic Star Ornament using your 3 chosen fabrics.... you can arrange your fabrics like I have above, or better yet, mix it up!
Remember, if you don't know how to make the Basic Star, you can learn it for free right HERE.
Then, show me what you've got by posting it on Instagram using the hashtag #OrnamentGirlsChallenge so we can all see it!
(And, if you're an Ornament Girls Club Member, please post it in our private FB group!)
I'll see ya in a week, with Challenge Pattern #2.
p.s. If you bought your foam ahead of time based on the Supply List I gave you, this week uses an 8-Lined Ball. But, don't worry if you don't have a pre-lined ball... this one can either be done without lines, or you can draw your own.)