We're about to begin the 2021 Ornament Girls Challenge!
In order to make all 12 ornaments, you will need...
1. About 2 to 2-1/2 yards EACH of three different fabrics (this is an approximation - you may use slightly different amounts depending on how you arrange your fabrics on your own ornaments. You can get a little extra if you want to be on the safe side!)
****I recommend 3 fabrics that contrast highly with each other. (I've got some examples at the end of this post)****
2. A LOT of straight pins. I would go ahead and buy yourself a nice big one-pound box from HERE.
3. Foam. Okay, so I usually haven't given this info out ahead of time, but here's the thing. I can give you an almost-definite foam list for the first 11 weeks.
But, as we've done every year, the 12th week will coincide with our big bundle of NEW PATTERNS - and just like last year, there will be SEVERAL new patterns to choose from!
And of course, I have no idea which patterns you'll pick, or if you'll even want to purchase the bundle at all (but it's awesome, so I think you will!)
So, let me break this down for you the best I can...
(Note: All of the lined-ball recommendations below can be drawn on by you! We are currently experiencing a foam shortage, and may not have our pre-lined foam available each week. We have all the resources to show you how to do this yourself.)
Weeks 1-11, you'll need:
- 7 - 3" Balls (where 8 lines would be very helpful, but there are a couple here where you could get away with unlined.)
- 2 - 3" Balls (where 6 lines would be very helpful)
- 1 - 3" Balls (where 5 lines would be very helpful)
- 1- Disc (this could change if we do not get our next foam shipment in time, as I know these are hard to find)
Week 12: ANY of the following (or, all of them!)
- 3" Ball with 6 lines or a Disc, OR...
- 3" Ball with 6 lines (for another of the patterns), OR...
- Heart Shape, OR...
- Two more that are secret for now: We have two new shapes coming soon to our OG Shop, and I don't want to say what they are yet, until I know they are here.)
(But wait til you see this year's Bundle!)
4. Whatever embellishments you'd like to use for all 12 ornaments (I'm going to try and use the same embellishments for all 12 ornaments).
5. Each week's pattern (hint: the first week will be the FREE Basic Star pattern)
What if you don't yet own each week's pattern?
I don't want to leave anyone out, so in order to make this as accessible as possible for everyone to make along with me, each week's pattern will be available at a very special deal! (and some of them are free!)
The special price will be for 3 days only each week, on that week's pattern. I'll send you a link to each week's special deal when I send you your weekly challenge email.
Also, please note, that the first week's pattern is FREE (and again, there are a couple of other freebies in coming weeks, too).
Be sure you're on my email list so you can get each week's Challenge Email! Each week's email will say 'Ornament Challenge Week #' in the subject line so you can spot it easily!
(If you've never tried one of my patterns before.... they are FOOLPROOF. And many of them come with full-length videos, too. So, no worries.. you WILL be able to make these ornaments along with me. :) )